Cart is empty
Canvas Factory Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement was published May, 2018.
At Canvas Factory we are committed to protecting and respect your privacy in compliance with EU- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679, dated April 27th 2016. This privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure. This Privacy Statement applies to the use of our products and to our sales, marketing and customer contract fulfilment activities.
Who are we?
Our goals at Canvas Factory are simple. We want to make it easy and affordable for everyone to access online photo printing solutions. In addition to providing cost effective canvas prints, we also strive to provide top quality materials and flexible options. Our offices are located via:
300 North LaSalle Street
Illinois, United States
As is the data controller who can be contacted by email: [email protected]
- When you visit our websites we collect information about your device to ensure we can continue to drive innovation and improve usability to benefit your online shopping experience. Information can be collected through your IP address or through cookies placed on your device. Some cookies are needed for the proper functioning of the website. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to store how many items are in your shopping bag, to determine anonymously when you are signed in, to determine which currency we should use based on your preferred delivery location when displaying prices to you, and to allow you to move back and forth between browser screens (UserReplay). Other cookies are used for analytics purposes such as AdWords, Facebook and Google Analytics, and Affiliates, which help us understand how and when you first visited our site, the frequency of your visits and the duration of time spent on our site. Finally, some cookies such as those used by Emarsys are used to provide you with personalised advertisements/experiences when you visit our or other selected websites, after your visit to the Canvas Factory site. These advertisements will be in the form of ‘banner advertising’ and will show you products that we believe you will be interested in, based on your browsing history on our website
- When you make a purchase through our site, we will collect information about you to ensure we can fulfil your order or chosen service (including your name, contact details and delivery address). You will be offered the opportunity to use our guest checkout path or to create an online account on our website. In order to register an online account, we will ask you for your name and contact details. You will also be asked to create a password allowing you to create an account providing you full access to your data and allowing you to control how we can communicate with you or opt-out. Once you have created an account, this will serve as a platform to update your marketing preferences through
Competitions, Prize Draws, Giveaways and Offers, Events (both onsite and through third party sites and tools)
- When you participate in a Canvas Factory competition, prize draw, giveaway or offer, or third-party platform we will collect information about you. This information will be used to administer competitions and manage events, including securing your registration at an event, and selecting and contacting prize winners. If you provide the personal information of another customer for one of our events, we will assume you have the consent of any named individuals to provide their personal information for these purposes. Your information will be deleted shortly after the promotion or event has finished unless you have signed up to receive marketing communications from us.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your payment details. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
If you upload photos, add posts or comments, etc. on our site or social sites, the information can be read by anyone with access to these community pages and be used for purposes over which Canvas Factory or you have no control. Therefore, Canvas Factory is not responsible for any information you submit to our public or social site.
Canvas Factory does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
Website Navigational Information includes standard information from your web browser, such as browser type and browser language; your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; and the actions you take on the company’s websites, such as the web pages viewed and the links clicked.
This information is used to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site, and to gather such personal data as browser type and operating system, referring page, path through site, domain of ISP, etc. for the purposes of understanding how visitors use a website. Cookies and similar technologies help us tailor our website to your personal needs, as well as to detect and prevent security threats and abuse. If used alone, cookies and web beacons do not personally identify you.
Canvas Factory uses the following types of cookies:
REQUIRED COOKIES: These cookies are needed in order to enable you to browse the Website. Without these cookies, services offered by the Website (such as use of the shopping cartor access to your order history) cannot be provided.
ANALYTICS COOKIES: These cookies are used to capture, measure and analyse how our site visitors use the use the website (e.g. traffic behaviour while on site, sales and conversions, products and pages viewed, and pages returning errors for visitors). This data allows us to keep on improving the website experience so that our site visitors can have a friction free and positive experience while on site. All information collected by analytics cookies is anonymous in form and will not be used to identify you.
PERSISTENT COOKIES: These cookies allow the Website to recall your choices and/or the preferences (such as your username, language or the region you are located) in order to offer you some advanced, simplified and personalised features. These cookies allow us to save your preferences and are used for future visits, helping user experience and ease of browsing. Shopping cart contents are maintained during and between visits, so if our site or your browser force quits or you forget to check out, you don’t have to start the shopping trip from the beginning.
TARGETING AND ADVERTISING COOKIES: Targeting and advertising cookies can be used to deliver personalised advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. Cookies help ad effectiveness: you see ads for products that actually appeal to you, improving the overall level of interest and browsing experience. These cookies also allow us to provide you with personalisation such as prices and advertising offers tailored to you. These cookies may collect quite detailed information about your browsing habits through the Website, such as products you have clicked on or put in your shopping cart. These cookies may enable us (or third-party advertising services we work with) to track the actions of users online over time and across different websites or platforms to measure statistics of our marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers to improve consumer experience. You can choose which browser you want to use based on privacy preferences, so you are not completely without choice in the whole matter.
THIRD PARTY / SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES: Please note that if you share content from the Website through third party websites (i.e. social networking websites) you may be sent cookies from these websites. Canvas Factory does not control the setting of such cookies and encourages you to refer to the relevant social media provider’s websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
For more detailed information about cookies and how they can be managed, deleted or turned off visit: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Our legal basis for collecting personal data - based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems. We also collect elements of your information indirectly such as the route you have taken through our online store along with information covering payments for good purchased. This is done via tools such as (but not limited to, as AdWords, Google, third party affiliate platforms etc.). All of this data is used to ensure that we provide you the best and most relevant web experience.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We understand that in order to do business with us, you have to provide personal information including your address and credit card number. This is what Canvas Factory does to protect your data:
- We restrict access to our user data to our employees and contractors.
- We never sell, rent or share user data with third parties.
- We use the latest software and technology to keep your data secure.
How We Protect Your Credit Card Information
All credit card transactions are conducted through SSL, which stands for Secure Socket Layer. This establishes an encrypted link between our servers and your computer, securing the transaction. In the extremely unlikely event that a customer’s credit card data is compromised, we will inform that customer immediately.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized. You can request access to this data and delete it at any time via your marketing preferences through your Account.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Canvas Factory holds about you.
- The right to request that Canvas Factory corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date. Note you will also have the option of logging into your account and updating your data as needed.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Canvas Factory to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Canvas Factory, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities, while we are processing your consent request.
- The right to request that Canvas Factory provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to [email protected]
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf to support the construction and delivery/recovery of products that you have ordered or refunds requested.
If required by law:
We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Canvas Factory reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. The applicable version will always be found on our websites. We encourage you to check this Privacy Statement occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If we make changes that significantly alter our privacy practices, we will notify you by email or post a notice on our websites prior to the change taking effect.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
Visit our Help Centre
Att: Customer Care Canvas Factory
44 Market Street
New South Wales, Australia
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to [email protected]