Yesterday’s the past, tomorrow’s the future, but today is a…
No matter what gift you give on Mother’s Day – whether it’s a picture collage, a bunch of flowers, or a lunch date – these Mother’s Day quotes will make Mom feel extra special.
But when it comes to Moms, the love we feel means that words often fail us.
To conquer your writer’s block:
- Use a quote from someone else. Find a quote from a famous poet or songwriter. There’s a reason they’re famous! It’s because they’re wonderful at creating lyrical perfection.
- Use a quote as inspiration for your own heartfelt Mother’s Day message
- Say I love you. You can never say it enough! Write it more than once for extra effect!
Write your words:
- On a gift card.
- On a canvas collage. When creating a canvas photo collage as a gift for Mom, add a loving quote in one corner. If you’re not great at graphic design, use Canva to help make it classy.
- As a Facebook share. Publicly declare your love for Mom online. Tag her in a heartfelt post so she can see you’re out and proud about your love. Cue the tears!
10 Mother’s Day quotes:
1. “If I didn’t have you as a Mom, I’d choose you as a friend.” – Anon
This quote expresses how grateful you are to your mom for bringing you into this world and for being such a wonderful friend.
2. “You don’t really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around — and why his parents will always wave back.” – William D. Tammeus
Thank your mom for always waving back. And for showing you how to find happiness in small moments like these.
3. “I got to grow up with a mother who taught me to believe in me.” – Antonio Villaraigosa
Thank your mom for believing in you. This is what helped you to be successful and have the confidence to grow. Honor that.
4. “Mother, the ribbons of your love are woven around my heart.” – Anon
This quote is simple, yet never fails to tug on the heartstrings! Surprise your mom with this sweet but simple quote.
5. “God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers.” – Jewish Proverb.
Maybe your mom isn’t God, but she may as well be, with everything she had to put up with. Say thank you with this beautiful quote.
6. “I was always at peace because of the way my Mom treated me.” – Martina Hingis.
This quote speaks to both the old and the young and shows that the love from a mother truly gives us lifelong peace.
7. “I love you not only for what you are but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft
Does your mom make you a better person? If so, this quote might just be the perfect one for your mom!
8. “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning.
Another simple one, this quote exemplifies what it is to be a mother.
9. “If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam.” – Lord Langdale (Henry Bickersteth)
Does your mom tip the scale? For the Mom who simply can’t be beaten.
10. “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.” – Anon
Finally, this quote shows her that you’ll always be grateful to her, no matter where you are or what you’re doing.
A photo collage on canvas with one of these Mother’s Day quotes is one of the best gift ideas for Mother’s Day. It helps you create something beautiful – something from the heart.
To create yours, simply visit our website and try our easy-to-use CanvasApp. Don’t forget to use your words! Alternatively, use our Mother’s Day-themed photo collage.